Audience Segmentation is a marketing strategy based on identifying the subgroups within your target audience to deliver more tailored messaging for creating stronger connections.
Many first-time marketers do uniform messaging and distributed it widely to save time. However, Audience Segmentation is a more refined approach.
- Simplest and varied type of market segmentation used.
- This divides a population based on the variables such as age, gender, family size, income, occupation and religion.
- This one divides people based on their geography, where the potential customers will have different needs based on the geography their located in.
- In this segment, it divides the population based on their behaviour, usage and their decision making.
- The product is marketed based on an individual’s behaviour
- An example: Blackberry smartphone launched for business-focused users, Samsung users who like free apps.
- Also, may include loyalty to your brand.
- Uses lifestyles of people, their activities and interests as well as opinions to target different messages to different customer segments for a single product
- This segment is similar to behavioural segmentation but takes on board the psychological aspects of consumer buying behaviour into accounts, such as consumer lifestyle, social standing, activities, interests and opinions.
- It is one of the most effective segmentation methods
- It helps organisations manage a range of relationships with different customers
- Different audiences have different communication needs
- If you want to persuade someone to do something, the more you know about them, the better the chances of success
- Knowing your audience can ensure appropriate channels are for your campaigns
- Information stored in your CRM can create subsets who you can approach with highly tailored content
- Cross-reference with your SWOT analysis
On the otherhand, If you are feeling short of customers and need to learn how to understand them a little bit more. Check out Pharian’s Blogs.
If you wish to learn more about Audience Segmentation we recommend checking out : Human